Position: Site Coach/Monitor
Start Date: Temp Position (ends August 30, 2020) – Immediate Hire
Salary: $18 hourly/ 35 hours weekly
Summary: Bridge Street Development Corporation is seeking SYEP Coaches/ Sites monitors to work in the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP). SYEP provides summer jobs to youth and young adults, ages 16-24. As an SYEP provider, Bridge Street Development Corporation will be responsible for carrying out an experiential and educational employment program for hundreds of youth participants, involving more than one hundred worksites throughout Brooklyn. Temporary site monitors will provide administrative support critical to the successful roll out of SYEP. Weekly monitoring of worksites, pick up of time sheets and support data entry.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit and enroll youth and young adult participants.
- Enroll participants into SYEP program.
- Check for file accuracy.
- Check timesheets for accuracy.
- Monitor worksites to ensure safe and productive work environments.
- Complete written reports of worksite visits.
- Interview participants to assess quality of sites.
- Perform office duties as necessary.
- Must be able to work evenings and some Saturdays.
- Education/Degree: High School or Equivalency Diploma required.
- At least one year of youth work or office experience required.
- Must obtain fingerprint clearance. Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
Other skills and requirements:
- Detail-oriented and organized as related to paperwork; deadline driven.
- Must be willing to travel locally, comfortable travelling throughout Brooklyn independently.
- Highly dependable.
- Flexible personality, ready to help when asked.
- Able to communicate well with teenagers, parents and outside-agency staff.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and works well as part of a diverse team.
- Able to present themselves professionally at all times and demonstrate appropriate boundaries with teens, parents, external sites, and coworkers.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, not required.
Other Job Details:
Position begins March 16, 2020 and continues through August 30th.
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Site Coach” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Postion: Homeownership Services Manager
Reports to: Senior Program Director
Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC), an innovative and progressive community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn is seeking a seasoned Homeownership Services Manager.
Summary: The Homeownership Services Manager is responsible for the management of the administration and programs of t the Homeowner Services Department, include housing counseling and education, (pre-purchase, foreclosure, post-purchase and financial capability), as well as development and implementation of current and future initiatives for individuals and the community.
- Provide supervision of all staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Identify and connect staff to professional growth opportunities.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training and supervision of staff.
- Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations when needed.
- Implement BSDC’s staff policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and evaluation of programs and initiatives to meet BSDC’s Homeownership Services’ strategy.
- Design, plan, coordinate, implement and facilitate
- Establish policy and procedures for all programs.
- Assist with the development of funding proposals.
- Supervise the marketing BSDC’s homeownership services’ programs and assist in the design of the program promotional materials.
- Represent BSDC at public forums and community events.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders and community partners.
- Coordinate, manage and monitors grants to ensure goals and objectives of grants are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Development of program budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Five to seven years of experience in housing counseling/homeownership field. (pre-purchase, foreclosure, post-purchase and financial capability)
- Three years management experience and ability to supervise multiple staff members, volunteers, and interns.
- Demonstrated ability to take a leadership role and plan and direct the work of others.
- Flexibility to adapt, respond and meet the needs of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact positively with the community and colleagues.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and evaluate programs.
- Proven ability and commitment to provide superior customer service to racially, culturally and economically diverse communities.
- Proven ability to anticipate, identify, and analyze opportunities and challenges; establish priorities, and efficiently allocate resources.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in writing including creating original material.
Position: Homeownership Services Counselor
Reports to: Senior Program Director
Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) -An innovative and progressive community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. The Homeownership Services Counselor provides comprehensive individual counseling on financial management, home purchase and foreclosure prevention. The counselor work with clients to facilitate the process toward attainment of established goals. Plan, coordinate and implement targeted outreach.
- Responsible for delivery of comprehensive counseling and educational workshops in the following areas: credit counseling, financial management, pre-purchase, delinquency and foreclosure prevention in accordance with U.S. HUD standards.
- Perform on-going casework management as needed to provide services and problem-solving assistance to client.
- Negotiate with lenders and other creditors on behalf of clients and monitor milestones.
- Complete appropriate statistical and analytical management reports to include information regarding counseling services, customer satisfaction, and outcomes data.
- Interact and collaborate with colleagues in pursuit of and attainment of program goals and outcomes.
- Develop and manage opportunities for public presentations to enhance public awareness of BSDC’s programs, services and organizational initiatives.
- Coordinate and secure partnerships with realtors, lenders, appraisers, title companies, program administrators, legal services, county and city representatives, etc. to ensure successful client and program implementation and outcomes.
- Attend regular community meetings, such as Precinct Councils and Community Boards.
- Assist in marketing/advertising BSDC’s homeownership services programs.
- Conduct community outreach to meet program goals.
- Assist with identifying and developing grant and funding proposals.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with three or more years’ experience in homeownership and financial counseling, or real estate sales or mortgage lending.**loss mitigation experience a plus***
- Familiar with CounselorMax client management system is a plus
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent organization skills, self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- A highly detail-oriented and organized approach to work.
- Excellent public speaking abilities and strong “people skills.”
- An ability to multi-task and prioritize micro and macro work duties.
- Comfortable working in a small organization.
- Ability to supervise interns, consultants and support staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience coordinating community outreach efforts.
- Able to work occasional weekends and evenings to accommodate participant schedules.
- Preferred HUD Certification