Position: Community Outreach Coordinator – Economic Development
Reports to: Senior Program Director
Start Date: Open – Immediate hire
Salary: High 40s to Low 50s (depending on experience)
Summary: Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) -An innovative and progressive community
development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain
strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. BSDC is looking for a Community
Outreach Coordinator to support our economic development work and implement a community-driven approach to
create thriving commercial areas, successful neighborhood businesses and access to economic opportunity.
Organizing and Advocacy for Local businesses and residents
Organize and support new and existing merchant associations.
Represent BSDC and community interests at public forums and community events.
Coordinate and lead community education activities, meetings, workshops, and events for local businesses
Coordinate, facilitate, support and provide technical assistance to steering committee for merchant
Provide one to one support, referral and/or counseling services to local businesses impacted by COVID 19.
Develop and implement programing to enhance neighborhood businesses and access to economic
opportunity for local residents.
Organize and mobilize small business owners and entrepreneurs via phone banks, media coverage and
other related activities.
Outreach and Marketing
Plan, develop, coordinate and implement outreach strategies and materials to local residents and merchants
in Central Brooklyn.
Develop and manage opportunities for public presentations, to enhance public awareness of BSDC’s
programs, services and organizational initiatives.
Conduct outreach and tabling in the community and at community events.
Attend regular meetings and trainings offered by our partners – LISC NYC, Brooklyn Chamber of
Commerce, NYC Department of Small Business Services among others.
Manage regular email communication to the community.
Program and Grants Management
Manage database of programs, provide technical assistance and assist with grant opportunities.
Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual written grant reports.
Ensure activities meet respective deliverables.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience related to nonprofit, providing services to small
businesses and entrepreneurs and/or community organizing.
Demonstrated experience in organizing and developing programs, leveraging financial and technical
resources to produce tangible improvement in neighborhoods, and facilitating collaborative efforts among
business community leaders, non-profits and public agencies.
Self-starter. Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team.
Demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment
Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience with social media and website posting.
Ability to work effectively with people of diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds.
Ability to multi task.
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Community Outreach Coordinator
– Economic Development” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will
be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Grant and Compliance Administrator
Reports to: Senior Programs Director
Type: Full Time
Organization Summary: Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) is an innovative and progressive nonprofit community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Position Summary: The Grant and Compliance Administrator is responsible for coordinating the development, administrative management, reporting and closeout of BSDC grants, contracts and other programmatic funding agreements. The Grant and Compliance Administrator will ensure that BSDC’s programmatic funding and related processes, documents, procedures and implementation are executed professionally, efficiently, on schedule, and in a manner consistent with best practices.
- Works closely with the financial and program teams to track multiple contract budgets, accumulate and process information needed for the preparation of accurate and timely financial and statistical information and statements, including financial and grant reporting for multiple contract budgets.
- Works closely with the financial and program teams to plans, organize, and coordinate the accounting and financial reporting for all grants, including: preparing annual and project budgets, forecasting revenue, estimating any carry-over of funds from one year to the next.
- Coordinates with key personnel to support proper and timely expenditure of grant funds in compliance with applicable guidelines and budget deadlines.
- Monitor contract spending throughout the year and record adjustments to ensure full spend down of awards.
- Track, manage and meet funder deadlines, deliverables, and other funder requirements.
- Maintain all relevant electronic and paper files to ensure compliance with funding obligations.
- Work collaboratively with partner organizations to collect documents and budget information.
- Respond as appropriate to the program representatives about contract-specific inquiries, and communications from funder about inquiries related to reports and routine financial matters, tracking all communications.
- Review of the monthly financial reports due and reconciliation to the general ledger and other supporting documentation.
- Work with sub-grantees and/or consultants to obtain timely billings and review and approval of the billings to ensure reasonableness and adequate support provided in accordance with the grant application and award.
- Attends professional development training and stay abreast of the DYCD Fiscal Manual, MOCS Invoice Review Policy, etc. and their applicability to grant management related audit, regulations, laws, and any workshops or seminars on grants or special revenues.
- Coordinates and maintains grant cycle calendar and site visit schedules; assists with the preparation of grant related materials for Committee and Board Meetings.
- Maintains grant financial records, spreadsheets and database.
- Works closely with the financial and program teams to compile year-end reports, work papers and analysis necessary for the auditors to complete the yearly audit.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills, ability to provide a high level of customer service and establish and maintain effective interdepartmental communications and relationships.
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in various computer applications including advanced MS Office skills comprehensive databases, spreadsheets and word processing software. Knowledge and understanding of MOCS, PASSPORT, HHS Accelerator and other grant/contract processing software a plus.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team player under pressure and within deadlines.
- Creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions and recommends best practices.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve potential issues through creative problem solving.
- Ability to work creatively and with flexibility in a fast paced environment while maintaining high work standards.
- Ability to develop rapport and engender trust, exhibits a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, with full benefits.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit all documents as PDFs and write “Grant and Compliance Administrator” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.