Position: Community Outreach Coordinator – Economic Development
Reports to: Director of Community Engagement
Start Date: Open – Immediate hire
Salary: High 40s to Low 50s (depending on experience)
Summary: Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) –An innovative and progressive community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. BSDC is looking for a Community Outreach Coordinator to lead our economic development work and implement a community-driven approach to create thriving commercial areas, successful neighborhood businesses and access to economic opportunity.
Organizing and Advocacy for Local businesses and residents
- Organize and support new and existing merchant associations.
- Represent BSDC and community interests at public forums and community events.
- Coordinate and lead community education activities, meetings, workshops, and events for local businesses and residents.
- Coordinate, facilitate, support and provide technical assistance to steering committee for merchant associations.
- Develop and implement programing to enhance neighborhood businesses and access to economic opportunity for local residents.
- Organize and mobilize small business owners and entrepreneurs via phone banks, media coverage and other related activities.
Outreach and Marketing
- Plan, develop, coordinate and implement outreach strategies and materials to local residents and merchants in Central Brooklyn.
- Develop and manage opportunities for public presentations, to enhance public awareness of BSDC’s programs, services and organizational initiatives.
- Conduct outreach and tabling in the community and at community events.
- Attend regular Central Brooklyn community meetings, such as Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce’s committee meetings.
- Manage regular email communication to the community.
Program and Grants Management
- Manage database of programs, provide technical assistance and assist with grant opportunities.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual written grant reports.
- Ensure activities meet respective deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience related to nonprofit, providing services to small businesses and entrepreneurs and/or community organizing.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and developing programs, leveraging financial and technical resources to produce tangible improvement in neighborhoods, and facilitating collaborative efforts among business community leaders, non-profits and public agencies.
- Self-starter. Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with social media and website posting.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to multi task.
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Community Outreach Coordinator – Economic Development” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.