Position: Community Outreach Coordinator – Youth Programs
Reports to: Director of Community Engagement
Start Date: Open – Immediate Hire
Summary: The Community Outreach Coordinator – Youth Programs is a mid-level position that provides Central Brooklyn youth and young adults between the ages of 14 – 24 civic engagement, leadership and workforce development programs and services.
Program Development and Implementation
- Develop, plan and implement current and future youth programs such as alumni events, Closing Ceremony, Young Adult Resource Fair etc.
- Organize and/or facilitate all orientations and weekly work readiness, leadership development and/or civic engagement workshops for youth and young adults.
- Manage and facilitate intake process on each potential participant.
- Manage database and files on programs sites and participants in both DYCD Capricorn and organization system.
- Prepare all invoices for program activities, payroll, incentives and participants.
- Ensure all monthly progress notes and activities meet respective deliverables and are entered into the DYCD Capricorn system.
- Manage and maintain the MYBASE office with youth from NDA program, MYBASE past and present and from other programs co-sharing office.
- Serve as young adult primary motivator, mentor and coordinator of program services; assist young adults in eliminating barriers to employment and education; and, meet with NDA participants one on one on a weekly basis going over their goals on a personal and professional.
- Supervise interns assigned to organization, SYEP, WLG etc.
- Workforce Management
- Develop and maintain employer relationships while meeting their HR needs.
- Match participants with appropriate internship openings and arrange for interviews.
- Perform weekly site visits to each of the participant’s site (or more as needed).
- Weekly time sheets management; pick up, ensure accuracy, enter hours into the DYCD YEPS system.
- Other duties as directed
Outreach and Marketing
- Plan, coordinate and implement targeted outreach;
- Manage regular email communication with participants and sites.
- Develop and manage opportunities for public presentation, to enhance awareness of BSDC youth programs and other services.
- Conduct and assist organization and community outreach and tabling events during work hours, evenings and on weekends.
- Provide support to other outreach programs.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least three years of experience in related nonprofit, youth development or youth workforce development programs.
- Demonstrated experience with Department of Youth and Development (DYCD) programs and/or data management systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Job Development, facilitating workshops with young people, working collaboratively with community leaders, non-profits and public agencies.
- Self-starter. Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people of various races and backgrounds.
- Ability to multi task.
- Willingness to travel weekly to conduct site visits at internship worksites.
- Must obtain fingerprint clearance. Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Community Outreach Coordinator” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.