Learn to make your money work for you!
Bridge Street Development Corporation and Signature Bank invite you to our First Investor Program. A 9-week program which teaches you how to invest in stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. Each qualified participant will receive a $750 matching grant from Signature Bank and a personal financial planner.
Classes are held every Tuesday from September 19th through November 14th from 6:30pm – 8:30pm.
To qualify for the program, you must have $750 saved in a bank account and make less than $55,000 annual gross income. Funds may not be borrowed and you will need to submit proof of savings to participate in the class. It is important that you attend all classes as absences of two or more classes may result in forfeiture of participation and the matching grant. Excused absences can be discussed on a case by case basis.
Seats are limited! To apply please submit the following items to our office:
- A completed First Time Investor Program application
- A copy of your most recent W-2, 1099, or 1040
- A bank statement showing proof of $750 savings
Applications can be faxed to (718) 636-7595 emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to our offices at the following address:
Bridge Street Development Corporation
First Time Investor Program
460 Nostrand Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11216
Workshops will meet at 456D Nostrand Avenue (Entrance on Jefferson Ave) in Brooklyn.
Call (718) 636-7596 ext. 214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Based upon market conditions, Participant Funds will be placed in an interest bearing Signature Securities brokerage account.
- Accounts will be opened by the participant during the second class.
- Signature Bank will match the particpant contribution with a contribution of $750 (following the final class) resulting in an opening Brokerage Account of $1,500.
- Ownership of the Signature Bank contribution vests over a two year period on the following schedule, $375 conclusion of year one (September 20, 2017), $375 conclusion of year two (September 20, 2018). No withdrawals will be allowed during the first year of the program.
- Signature Bank will assign an Investment Adviser (when an investment account is opened) to each participant for a period of two years (free of charge)
- Participants must contact their Investment Adviser and make an appointment to develop their investment strategy within 30 days of their assignment to the adviser. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Signature Bank $750 contribution and the closing of the Investment Money Market Account (personal funds will be returned with accrued interest).
- Actual Investments must be made within two weeks of the Investment Strategy meeting. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Signature Bank $750 contribution and the closing of the Investment Money Market Account (personal funds will be returned with accrued interest).
- Trade fees on Equities (stocks), Bonds and Mutual Funds (no loads only) will be waived for a period of two years following the conclusion of the curriculum.
- Participants are encouraged to continue to contribute to the investment account on an ongoing basis.
- Participants who have participated in past years and persons whose income exceeds $55,000 annually are ineligible to receive the Signature Bank $750 contribution, but may be allowed to participate in the course for educational purposes. Priority will be given to new participants who meet the income guidelines.