First Time Homebuyer Series
Oct 27 2018 8:30am - 9/18/18 5:30 pm
This event recurs on s.
The next time will be:
At Bridge Street Development Corporation Offices , 456D Nostrand Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11216
Saturday, October 27, 2018
Register for this 8-hour NeighborWorks America course and receive a certificate that shows lenders and realtors you are qualified and ready to purchase a home. Through this course, you’ll also have the opportunity to learn about down payment assistance programs!
This 1-day workshop will cover:
Money Management and Credit
- Learn how to spend wisely
- Develop a spending plan to meet your goals
- Create a realistic budget
- Understand the importance of saving
- Understand your credit and why it’s important
- Learn the types of credit reports
- Understand your credit score
- Learn how to dispute inaccuracies on your credit report
Obtaining and Understanding a Mortgage
- What is a mortgage?
- Learn how to obtain a mortgage
- Figure out how much you can afford
- Learn what to shop for when you’re looking for a mortgage
- Learn the types of mortgage loans
How to shop for a home using a realtor
- Learn the role of a real estate agent
- Understand the benefits of using a real estate agent
- Learn the buyer’s responsibilities when using a real estate agent
- Learn how a buyer can effectively use a real estate agent to meet their needs
Protecting your investment
- Learn about home safety
- Learn about basic maintenance and repairs
- Learn how to protect your equity
- Learn about saving energy and money in our new home
Participants will receive a copy of “Neighborworks America “Realizing the American Dream” home buyer manual, a tri-merge credit report, a certificate of completion, and a free counseling session after attending both sessions of this workshop. Participation is required for the whole day.
There is a one-time course fee of $50 due upon registering for this program. Participants must register online to participate by filling out the form below:
If you have questions or need additional assistance please contact us at (718) 636-7596 ext. 210 or by email at email@example.com.