Quincy Senior Residences will be offering free Computer Classes at the Phyllis D. Smalls Hurd Technology Center for adults 50 and over. This is a 10 week course designed to give a comprehensive course on basic computer skills and are provided by Older Adults Technology Services.
Computer basics for older adults will give you a chance to learn the basic skills you need to operate a PC computer. Learn to use the mouse and keyboard, get on the internet, and use email to stay in touch with family and friends.
Here’s what you can expect from this course:
- Appropriate for absolute beginner
- Designed for older adults, ages 50 and up
- Moderate pace
- Supportive environment
- Opportunities to ask questions
Here’s what we require from you:
- Regular, on time attendance
- Patience with your trainer and volunteers
- Active participation in discussions
- Ask questions if you don’t understand
- Come to all classes and practice sessions
- Participate in evaluations and feedback
Registration is mandatory and seating is limited! Please register by contacting Michele Grimes at (718) 453-0685 ext. 310 or email@example.com.
Classes are made possible, in part, by the NYC Council and the NYC Department for the Aging.