We preserve stability and homeownership within the community by providing services to both prospective and current homeowners. For homeowners at risk of losing their home, we provide free confidential foreclosure prevention counseling. For prospective homebuyers, we provide counseling and educational workshops to help them purchase their first home. As part of both programs, we also offer free financial education and counseling that supports the long-term stability of the homeowner community.
Bridge Street Development Corporation is a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved housing counseling agency. HUD approval demonstrates that we meet or exceed a variety of industry standards and federal guidelines in providing counseling in the areas of foreclosure prevention, pre-purchase, post-purchase, and other homeownership education. As a HUD-approved agency, BSDC has access to a nationwide network, down payment assistance programs, HUD grants, and direct access to loan servicers of homeowners in default.
Please let us know if you need accommodation for any disability, impairment, or language barrier.
Bridge Street offers free confidential foreclosure prevention counseling to homeowners in distress. More Info
Bridge Street's HUD Approved housing counselors are fully equipped to help you through the entire home buying process. More Info
- Refinancing vs. Loan Modification
- Loan Modification Basics
- Loan Modification: Understanding the Process
- Loan Modification: 10 Simple Tips for Success
- Loan Modification: Traps to Avoid
- The Role of a Housing Counselor
- Preparing for your first counseling session
- The Making Home Affordable Program
- The Role of a Pre-Purchase Housing Counselor
- Borrow from a Bank, not a Mortgage Broker