Position: Program Assistant (Part-time)
Reports to: Director of Youth Development & Director of Senior Services
Approved by: CEO/President
Provide administrative and program support to Bridge Street Development Corporations Senior Services Program.
- Organize records of all outreach events by updating internal tracking documents as well as internal filing systems.
- Maintain all data updates to the required database systems including CAPRICORN database
- Schedule all departmental events on our internal shared calendar.
- Support all administrative duties – mailings, scheduling appointments, internal and external communication to clients and community stakeholders.
- Assist with transcribing survey information into an excel template.
- Assist and/or coordinate phone outreach for specific events.
- Maintain all client files and ensure all documentation is in compliance with DYCD standards.
- Attend all required DYCD workshops and trainings.
- Organize and develop focus groups other convening to gauge senior concerns and needs to create more efficient programs to meet their growing needs.
- Assist in creating a senior volunteer corp interested in donating their time to the program.
- Mange the FAN Program.
- Other duties as assigned.Systems used: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Etapestry Donor Management, Microsoft Outlook.
Type of Training Provided: Basic training will be provided to use the Etapestry donor management software as well as an orientation on our internal organizational systems. Required training from Department of Youth and Community Development on CAPRICORN and YEPSONLINE data systems.
Requirements for this position:
- Excellent Computer Literacy with proficient in MS Office product (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work effectively with people and ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest and/or experience working with young adults, workforce development and/or senior services.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a member of a team
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Attention to detail, responsible and reliable
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure while meeting deadlines
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Program Assistant for Senior Services” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Real Estate Project Manager
Reports to: Director, Real Estate Development
Start Date: Open – Immediate hire
Salary: Low – Mid 50s
Approved by: CEO/President
Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) –An innovative and progressive community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. BSDC is looking for a mission driven Project Manager to join our team and support efforts to grow our portfolio of affordable housing projects. This individual will have responsibility for implementing real estate development projects from initial conception through closing, construction, and stabilized occupancy, delivering quality finished products on schedule and within budget.
- Create and maintain financial models, projections, and schedules
- Project initiation (site analysis & selection, financial feasibility, schedule & budget, & securing community and political support)
- Project determination (financial structure, funding commitments, cost estimates, establishment of project pro forma, due diligence)
- Prepare RFQ/RFP responses. Show the ability to thoroughly convey BSDC’s ideas to potential stakeholders
- Secure public approvals, including zoning
- Work with staff to secure equity, debt and public resources. Representing organization with local and state funding sources
- Project design (architect selection & management, plans & specs, set-up of requisition system)
- Lead the structuring, assembly, review of funding applications and managing the closing
- Track & report project issues
- Communicate with and transition developments smoothly to Property Management Agent
- Provide oversight of current portfolio, its operations, financial conditions and the work of the Property Management Agent
- Ensure Resident Services planning is continuous throughout the project
- Process and track development expenses and requisitions
- Attend on-site meetings, public and community meetings
Skills and Experience: Ideal candidates will have experience with development of affordable or mixed-income housing projects, with an ability to successfully drive and close these transactions. Ideal candidate will have the ability to manage all elements of a project, from creating a successful application for tax credits to managing construction and lease up. Skills and experience should include:
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with a passion for real estate development
- Ability to handle multiple projects through the consistent completion of tasks with established deadlines
- Ability to manage a sizeable development team of internal and external contributors
- Construction management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and MS Project
Bachelor’s degree required with a Master’s preferred. Affordable housing experience strongly preferred along with minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience. To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Real Estate Project Manager” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
BSDC is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.