Position: Real Estate Project Manager
Reports to: Director, Real Estate Development
Start Date: Open – Immediate hire
Salary: Low – Mid 50s
Approved by: CEO/President
Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) –An innovative and progressive community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. BSDC is looking for a mission driven Project Manager to join our team and support efforts to grow our portfolio of affordable housing projects. This individual will have responsibility for implementing real estate development projects from initial conception through closing, construction, and stabilized occupancy, delivering quality finished products on schedule and within budget.
- Create and maintain financial models, projections, and schedules
- Project initiation (site analysis & selection, financial feasibility, schedule & budget, & securing community and political support)
- Project determination (financial structure, funding commitments, cost estimates, establishment of project pro forma, due diligence)
- Prepare RFQ/RFP responses. Show the ability to thoroughly convey BSDC’s ideas to potential stakeholders
- Secure public approvals, including zoning
- Work with staff to secure equity, debt and public resources. Representing organization with local and state funding sources
- Project design (architect selection & management, plans & specs, set-up of requisition system)
- Lead the structuring, assembly, review of funding applications and managing the closing
- Track & report project issues
- Communicate with and transition developments smoothly to Property Management Agent
- Provide oversight of current portfolio, its operations, financial conditions and the work of the Property Management Agent
- Ensure Resident Services planning is continuous throughout the project
- Process and track development expenses and requisitions
- Attend on-site meetings, public and community meetings
Skills and Experience: Ideal candidates will have experience with development of affordable or mixed-income housing projects, with an ability to successfully drive and close these transactions. Ideal candidate will have the ability to manage all elements of a project, from creating a successful application for tax credits to managing construction and lease up. Skills and experience should include:
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with a passion for real estate development
- Ability to handle multiple projects through the consistent completion of tasks with established deadlines
- Ability to manage a sizeable development team of internal and external contributors
- Construction management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and MS Project
Bachelor’s degree required with a Master’s preferred. Affordable housing experience strongly preferred along with minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience. To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Real Estate Project Manager” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
BSDC is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position: Assistant Director for Senior Services
Reports to: Director of Senior Services
Start Date: Open – Immediate hire
Salary: Low 50s
Summary: The Assistant Director of Senior Services will work with Director of Senior Services to coordinate, develop, implement, sustain and expand programs & services focused on the needs of older adults (55 and older) in Central Brooklyn and surrounding neighborhoods. Candidates should have relevant experience in program development/management in the field of human services with a focus on older adults.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document and maintain accurate case records through the CSBG Capricorn System.
- Develop and implement client Individual Service Plans.
- Provide information on accessing benefits & services to clients.
- Follow-up with clients to ensure that he/she receive requested services.
- Manage a caseload of clients.
Program Development and Outreach
- Assist in the development of program newsletter, fliers, posters and displays to promote program and services.
- Provide assessment of programming and make recommendations to expand services.
- Analyze, measure, and articulate program metrics and outcomes.
- Assist with organizational database (i.e., Tapestry).
- Assist with the submission of grant applications for government and private funding
- Develop and maintain relationships with government officials, community stakeholders and other resources.
- Develop programming to include social, cultural, educational and recreational services for program participants.
- Coordinate community resources with an emphasis on housing, immigration and mental health issues.
- Develop new partnerships with city agencies and nonprofits to expand program offerings.
- Develop strategies identify service needs of older adults and assist in the development and implementation of programs to fulfill their needs.
- Represent Bridge Street Development Corporation and community interests at public forums and community events.
- Establish a presence for Bridge Street Development Corporation as a leader and expert in Senior Services. Stay abreast of trends needs, services, and funding for older adults.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Provide leadership & support to Graduate Level Social Work Interns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management).
- Proficient in identifying and prioritizing tasks within established deadlines.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to complete all projects.
- Master’s degree in social work preferred and at least five years of experience, in human/social services counseling or other related field strongly preferred.
- Astute awareness of the biological, psychological, and social context that low to moderate seniors aging in place encounter.
- Creative, flexible, and patient to complete the work with senior participants/clients.
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Assistant Program Director of Senior Services” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Community Organizer/Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Community Engagement
Start Date: Open – Immediate hire
Summary: The Community Organizer/ Outreach Coordinator is a mid-level position that engages Brooklyn community leaders and residents in tenant advocacy and organizing for neighborhood improvement projects.
Civic/Community Organizing and Advocacy
- Organize and support new/existing block and tenant associations.
- Conceptualize and implement campaign strategy.
- Identify and help develop neighborhood leadership.
- Represent BSDC and community interests at public forums and community events.
- Coordinate and lead community education meetings, workshops, and events.
- Coordinate, support and provide technical assistance to member-led steering committee.
- Collaborate with community partners and members on tenant anti-harassment planning and strategy.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Outreach and Marketing
- Plan, coordinate and implement targeted outreach.
- Develop and manage opportunities for public presentations, to enhance public awareness of BSDC’s programs, services and organizational initiatives.
- Conduct outreach and tabling in the community and at community events.
- Attend regular Central Brooklyn community meetings, such as Precinct Councils and Community Boards.
- Manage regular email communication to the community.
- Develop and distribute outreach materials to community residents
- Canvass and door-knock; organize and participate in phone banks and mailings.
- Follow up with and engage community members identified through outreach efforts.
- Organize actions, mobilizations, phone banks, media coverage and other activities.
Database and Grants Management
- Manage database of program and technical assistance records, and member profiles.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual written grant reports.
- Ensure activities meet respective deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience related nonprofit, community organizing and training.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and developing resident leadership, leveraging financial and technical resources to produce tangible improvement in neighborhoods, and facilitating collaborative efforts among community leaders, non-profits and public agencies.
- Self-starter. Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people of various races and backgrounds.
- Ability to multi task.
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Community Outreach Coordinator” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.