Position: Community Outreach Coordinator – Economic Development
Reports to: Director of Community Engagement
Start Date: Open – Immediate hire
Summary: Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) –An innovative and progressive community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. BSDC is looking for a Community Outreach Coordinator to lead our economic development work and implement a community-driven approach to create thriving commercial areas, successful neighborhood businesses and access to economic opportunity.
Civic/Community Organizing and Advocacy for Local businesses and residents
- Organize and support new and existing merchant associations.
- Represent BSDC and community interests at public forums and community events.
- Identify needs and organize campaign strategies.
- Coordinate and lead community education activities, meetings, workshops, and events for local businesses and residents
- Coordinate, support and provide technical assistance to member-led steering committee for merchant/non-profit associations.
- Collaborate with community partners.
- Develop and implement programing to enhance neighborhood businesses and access to economic opportunity for local residents.
- Assist in identify and developing funding proposal.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Outreach and Marketing
- Plan, coordinate and implement targeted outreach.
- Develop and manage opportunities for public presentations, to enhance public awareness of BSDC’s programs, services and organizational initiatives.
- Conduct outreach and tabling in the community and at community events.
- Attend regular Central Brooklyn community meetings, such as Pct. Council and Community Boards.
- Manage regular email communication to the community.
- Develop and distribute outreach materials to local merchants.
- Canvass key commercial corridors to identify and engage local merchants.
- Follow up with and engage community members identified through outreach efforts.
- Organize actions, mobilizations, phone banks, media coverage and other activities.
Database and Grants Management
- Manage database of program and technical assistance records, and member profiles.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual written grant reports.
- Ensure activities meet respective deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience related to nonprofit, business/finance and/or community organizing.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and developing programs, leveraging financial and technical resources to produce tangible improvement in neighborhoods, and facilitating collaborative efforts among community leaders, non-profits and public agencies.
- Self-starter. Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness or Experience with social media and website posting.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to multi task.
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Community Outreach Coordinator – Economic Development” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Homeownership Services Counselor
Reports to: Homeownership Services Manager
Salary: low 50’s
Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) -An innovative and progressive community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. The Homeownership Services Counselor provides comprehensive individual counseling on financial management, home purchase and foreclosure prevention. The counselor work with clients to facilitate the process toward attainment of established goals. Plan, coordinate and implement targeted outreach.
- Responsible for delivery of comprehensive counseling and educational workshops in the following areas: credit counseling, financial management, pre-purchase, delinquency and foreclosure prevention in accordance with U.S. HUD standards.
- Perform on-going casework management as needed to provide services and problem-solving assistance to client.
- Negotiate with lenders and other creditors on behalf of clients and monitor milestones.
- Complete appropriate statistical and analytical management reports to include information regarding counseling services, customer satisfaction, and outcomes data.
- Interact and collaborate with colleagues in pursuit of and attainment of program goals and outcomes.
- Develop and manage opportunities for public presentations to enhance public awareness of BSDC’s programs, services and organizational initiatives.
- Coordinate and secure partnerships with realtors, lenders, appraisers, title companies, program administrators, legal services, county and city representatives, etc. to ensure successful client and program implementation and outcomes.
- Attend regular community meetings, such as Precinct Councils and Community Boards.
- Assist in marketing/advertising BSDC’s homeownership services programs.
- Conduct community outreach to meet program goals.
- Assist with identifying and developing grant and funding proposals.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years’ experience in homeownership and financial counseling, or real estate sales or mortgage lending.
- Familiar with CounselorMax client management system.
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent organization skills, self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- A highly detail-oriented and organized approach to work.
- Excellent public speaking abilities and strong “people skills.”
- An ability to multi-task and prioritize micro and macro work duties.
- Comfortable working in a small organization.
- Ability to supervise interns, consultants and support staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience coordinating community outreach efforts.
- Able to work occasional weekends and evenings to accommodate participant schedules.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Real Estate Project Manager
Reports to: Director, Real Estate Development
Start Date: Open – Immediate hire
Salary: Low – Mid 50s
Approved by: CEO/President
Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) –An innovative and progressive community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. BSDC is looking for a mission driven Project Manager to join our team and support efforts to grow our portfolio of affordable housing projects. This individual will have responsibility for implementing real estate development projects from initial conception through closing, construction, and stabilized occupancy, delivering quality finished products on schedule and within budget.
- Create and maintain financial models, projections, and schedules
- Project initiation (site analysis & selection, financial feasibility, schedule & budget, & securing community and political support)
- Project determination (financial structure, funding commitments, cost estimates, establishment of project pro forma, due diligence)
- Prepare RFQ/RFP responses. Show the ability to thoroughly convey BSDC’s ideas to potential stakeholders
- Secure public approvals, including zoning
- Work with staff to secure equity, debt and public resources. Representing organization with local and state funding sources
- Project design (architect selection & management, plans & specs, set-up of requisition system)
- Lead the structuring, assembly, review of funding applications and managing the closing
- Track & report project issues
- Communicate with and transition developments smoothly to Property Management Agent
- Provide oversight of current portfolio, its operations, financial conditions and the work of the Property Management Agent
- Ensure Resident Services planning is continuous throughout the project
- Process and track development expenses and requisitions
- Attend on-site meetings, public and community meetings
Skills and Experience: Ideal candidates will have experience with development of affordable or mixed-income housing projects, with an ability to successfully drive and close these transactions. Ideal candidate will have the ability to manage all elements of a project, from creating a successful application for tax credits to managing construction and lease up. Skills and experience should include:
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with a passion for real estate development
- Ability to handle multiple projects through the consistent completion of tasks with established deadlines
- Ability to manage a sizeable development team of internal and external contributors
- Construction management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and MS Project
Bachelor’s degree required with a Master’s preferred. Affordable housing experience strongly preferred along with minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience. To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Real Estate Project Manager” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
BSDC is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.