Position: Homeownership Services Counselor
Reports to: Homeownership Services Manager
Salary: High 40s
Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) -An innovative and progressive community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. The Homeownership Services Counselor provides comprehensive individual counseling on financial management, home purchase and foreclosure prevention. The counselor work with clients to facilitate the process toward attainment of established goals. Plan, coordinate and implement targeted outreach.
- Responsible for delivery of comprehensive counseling and educational workshops in the following areas: credit counseling, financial management, pre-purchase, delinquency and foreclosure prevention in accordance with U.S. HUD standards.
- Perform on-going casework management as needed to provide services and problem-solving assistance to client.
- Negotiate with lenders and other creditors on behalf of clients and monitor milestones.
- Complete appropriate statistical and analytical management reports to include information regarding counseling services, customer satisfaction, and outcomes data.
- Interact and collaborate with colleagues in pursuit of and attainment of program goals and outcomes.
- Develop and manage opportunities for public presentations to enhance public awareness of BSDC’s programs, services and organizational initiatives.
- Coordinate and secure partnerships with realtors, lenders, appraisers, title companies, program administrators, legal services, county and city representatives, etc. to ensure successful client and program implementation and outcomes.
- Attend regular community meetings, such as Precinct Councils and Community Boards.
- Assist in marketing/advertising BSDC’s homeownership services programs.
- Conduct community outreach to meet program goals.
- Assist with identifying and developing grant and funding proposals.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years’ experience in homeownership and financial counseling, or real estate sales or mortgage lending.
- Familiar with CounselorMax client management system.
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent organization skills, self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- A highly detail-oriented and organized approach to work.
- Excellent public speaking abilities and strong “people skills.”
- An ability to multi-task and prioritize micro and macro work duties.
- Comfortable working in a small organization.
- Ability to supervise interns, consultants and support staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience coordinating community outreach efforts.
- Able to work occasional weekends and evenings to accommodate participant schedules.
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Homeownership Services Counselor” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.